Questions about skills in Nord Invasion

Questions about skills in Nord Invasion

Post Number:#1  Postby mircea » 08 Jun 2016, 22:40

Hello everyone!
I play fianna nord invasion for less than a month, and the more I play, the more I get better at it. Until now, I achieved the longbow class skill, and the progress from archer to longbow archer is quite impressive. But there is one thing I am concerned about: while my prowess in archery increased, I feel vulnerable when I face the enemy in a melee confrontation, due to the lesser power strike or the weaker armor (in comparison to - let`s say - a militia soldier).

So here is my first question: if next time when I level up I choose to upgrade skills from infantry, militia or crossbowman skills, will I lose the archery progress?

Question no. 2: If the answer to question 1 is NO, could I play as a good archer, but with some aditionally skills from other classes?

Thank you.
  • Рандомная аватара. Подставляется автоматически при отсутствии установленной пользователем аватары. Рекомендуется менять на свою в Центре пользователя.
  • mircea
    Крестьянин
    Clans:
      Not involved in the clans.
M&B Status:
Reputation point: 0

There are 5 tiers for each class in nord invasion. It's much better to progress only in one class (specialization). It's a team-based game. As an archer you should not be involved in melee. Anyway if you want to improve your melee skills as an archer it’s better to do this at tier 5 (heroic class). If you want to be a melee fighter just create a new character and progress as a commando (infantry).
  • taco-taco
    Крестьянин
    Clans:
M&B Status:
Reputation point: 3

Re: Questions about skills in Nord Invasion

Post Number:#3  Postby mircea » 09 Jun 2016, 00:10

Thank you for your quick reply. I am content with my way and I have no intentions of changing to another class. I asked this question because I remembered seeing an archer player being able to manage very well melee fights. Well, I guess he is very good and has a higher tier.
I had, also, in mind that sometimes I play alone (when servers are empty), and my feet - as archer - are slower than the enemy ones. You know, there are some too hard rounds for a lone archer. I guess I will have to practice more... Don`t get me wrong, I play a lot in team, but there are hours when I am the only one online...
By the way, maybe I am wrong, but I think I saw an archer with bow, arrows, axe and shield. Is it possible further in the tier evolution? Right now, I have no sufficient slots for both shield and melee weapon.
  • Рандомная аватара. Подставляется автоматически при отсутствии установленной пользователем аватары. Рекомендуется менять на свою в Центре пользователя.
  • mircea
    Крестьянин
    Clans:
M&B Status:

mircea, each character has 4 slots. 1 support slot and 3 weapon slots. I know definitely that crossbowman can carry a shield in support slot, as i played this class. I'm not sure about high level archers, maybe ranger can carry a shield the same way, but it's better to carry sword, bow, arrows and barricade (after you deploy or drop your barricade just get some extra arrows). If you really need a shield just ask someone to drop it for you, but archers don't need it. Tier 3 archers are already fast enough to keep distance with the most enemies.

here some information about low-level archers prorgession:
Character stats at Longbowman (t.2)

One handed 90
Two handed 80
Polearm 20
Archery 130
Crossbow 20
Throwing 20
Power draw 3
Power throw 1
Power strike 2
Ironflesh 2
Athletics 4
Shield 1

Character stats at Heavy Longbowman (t.3)

One handed 95
Two handed 80
Polearm 20
Archery 185
Crossbow 20
Throwing 20
Power draw 4
Power throw 2
Power strike 2
Ironflesh 3
Athletics 5
Shield 1

Sniper (t.4)

One handed: 100
Two handed: 80
Polearm: 20
Archery: 245
Crossbow: 20
Throwing: 20
Power draw: 6
Power throw: 2
Power strike: 2
Ironflesh: 4
Athletics: 6
Shield: 1
  • taco-taco
    Крестьянин
    Clans:
M&B Status:
Reputation point: 3

Re: Questions about skills in Nord Invasion

Post Number:#5  Postby mircea » 10 Jun 2016, 00:44

Thanks again, taco. Meanwhile, I`d already found out what you`ve just told me about the slots number.
Thanks for the numbers, too.
Have a nice day/night/morning!
  • mircea
    Крестьянин
    Clans:
M&B Status:

Return to Fianna NordInvasion